ALM Education: Cultivating Agile ALCO Members
Dec 07-09, 2021
Cultivating Agile ALCO Members:
Linking Strategy, ALM, and Business Model Optimization
Our December Cultivating Agile ALCO course will be a combination of virtual and in-person (limited) attendees. This synchronous learning environment has proven to be successful for engaging discussion and interactive learning for all attendees.
In this world of constant change and uncertainty, optimizing the balance sheet will continue to be a critical component of a successful credit union, yet it must be linked to the credit union’s strategy and desired business model.
Beyond the benefits of ALM education from a strategic view, this course helps ALCO members sharpen their abilities to conduct engaging ALCO meetings, relate strategy to the numbers, and seek and understand opportunities that impact the balance sheet.
This thought-provoking class will incorporate experiential learning, case studies, open discussion, and address questions ALCOs are asking. For example:
- What are key characteristics of a strategic ALCO?
- How can we transform ALCO mindsets from operational to strategic?
- Every decision has trade-offs, how do we make it so the trade-offs are better understood?
- How can we better link decision information from various business lines and delivery channels to have a more holistic view as we are making decisions?
- How might our measures of success need to evolve?
What People Are Saying:
- “This class helped me take big strides to be a more strategic ALCO member” – Chief Loan Officer
- “I am looking at ALCO in a whole new light – we really need to better link our marketing efforts with ALM” – Chief Marketing Officer
- “I am walking away with lots of ideas on what to change for our ALCO meetings to make them more forward-looking and engaging” – Chief Financial Officer
- “I attended with others from my team. It was like a boot camp for our meetings. I can’t wait to have our next ALCO meeting” – Chief Executive Officer
Who Should Attend: ALCO and aspiring ALCO members
Tuesday, December 7, 2021: 9:00am – 2:30pm MT
Wednesday, December 8, 2021: 9:00am – 2:30pm MT
Thursday, December 9, 2021: 9:00am – 2:30pm MT
In-Person Location: Courses are in sunny Phoenix, Arizona at our headquarters next to the South Mountain Preserve, the nation’s largest municipal park, with 51 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. You may even want to make a long weekend of it and visit Sedona or the Grand Canyon. We also are near several local favorites like the Desert Botanical Garden and the Phoenix Zoo.
In-person attendance will be limited, and available on a first come, first serve basis.
Fees, Refund, and Course Cancellation Policy
Fee*: $980 for one participant; $840 for each additional participant from the same credit union.
Refunds will not be given for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the session; however, a substitute from your credit union is welcome.
In the rare case that a class must be cancelled, c. myers will make every effort to do so 30 days or more in advance of the class, in which case we are not responsible for travel costs or penalties incurred.
*Reduce your fee 15% by registering at least 30 days prior to the course.
c. myers corporation
Promenade at South Mountain
8222 S. 48th Street, Suite 275
Phoenix, AZ 85044