NAFCU Webinar – Board Engagement for the Investment Portfolio
Jan 27, 2022
Trends of deposit growth and decreased loan growth have resulted in more reliance on the investment portfolio. But reliance for what? Earnings? Liquidity? It is important for boards to ask the right questions to understand the investment strategy and the high-level return and risk trade-offs of investment decisions. During this webinar, we will discuss how boards can engage in decisions regarding the credit union’s investment strategy.
The following topics will be covered:
- Common terms and definitions used when discussing investment strategies
- Common investments seen on the balance sheet and high-level objectives of different investments
- The boards’ role in investment strategy decisions
- Understanding of how the investment portfolio can support your strategy and why that might change over time
- A high-level understanding of return and risk trade-offs including earnings, liquidity, and interest rate risk
- Questions that boards can ask regarding the investment portfolio
C. myers will speak on Thursday, January 27 at 2:00 pm ET.