Process Improvement Education
Jan 10-12, 2024
Process Improvement Education is focused on the competencies needed for building a culture engaged in consistently elevating the experience for customers and employees, increasing efficiency, and continuously evolving the organization’s processes.
Our experience improvement methodology was created for and proven in the real world of financial institutions. During this engagement, not only will you benefit from the experience of our facilitators, you will gain perspective and networking opportunities with participants from other financial institutions.
We will work with participants to begin to develop or improve on 7 key competencies.
Experience Improvement Competencies:
- Use strategy to guide objectives, decisions, and actions
- Using c. myers’ experience improvement methodology to quickly perform root cause analysis after identifying non-value-added (NVA) steps, bottlenecks, and pain points
- Look at every step of a process through the eyes of the customers and employees
- Use data/business intelligence to help identify potential opportunities for improvement
- Gain consensus through effective communication and facilitation skills
- Continuously identify and remove customer and employee friction/pain points
- Develop an implementation and monitoring plan so the new process becomes a reality
Who Should Attend:
The course is designed for anyone who will lead process and experience improvements within their own areas or across their organization. Ideally, two people from each organization will attend together.
The Process Improvement Education course consists of two required phases:
- Phase 1: January 10-12, 2024 (Onsite at c. myers’ headquarters in Phoenix, AZ)
- Phase 2: March 28, 2024 (Virtually)
Participants will learn the requisite skills through a blend of classroom-style learning, group work, and various practices during a 3-day onsite course in sunny Phoenix, AZ. This will prepare them to lead a process/experience improvement at their own organization, between the onsite course and the half-day virtual session.
The course requires a scheduled call and pre-work before the January in-person session so registration in the fall for this course is highly encouraged.
About Our Team
c. myers corporation
Promenade at South Mountain
8222 S. 48th Street, Suite 275
Phoenix, AZ 85044